Friday, August 21, 2015

Project Runway - Hallmark Challenge - Aleene's Tacky Glue!

I'm a huge fan of Project Runway.  And Season 14, Episode 2 had me on the edge of my seat.  Yes, even more than the usual edge!   
Why?  Because my favorite episode is ALWAYS the unconventional materials challenge.  You never know where the Designers are going to be sent to gather their materials like a candy store, the city dump, or a New York corner drug store.  
And this time I was in HEAVEN because they went to a HALLMARK store to grab every card they could stuff in their shopping bags and then create wearable garments with the paper cards!  I mean, this was the dream episode for me.  All I need is a mannequin, paper, embellishments and GLUE to make all my dreams come true, okay?


I mean, have you been to a Hallmark Cards lately? As their Director of Branding said, the cards are "pieces of art with a story to tell", and the cards are covered with glitter, beads, bows, flower cut-outs, ribbon, fabric, tulle, and everything that makes a crafty girl's mouth water and her hands itch to cut, paint and GLUE!


After the designers made it back to the work room, imagine my squeals of glee when I saw that they were using Aleene's Tacky Glue!  Of course they were.  What glue works best with paper, than Aleene's Tacky Glue!


The gold bottle was easy to spot, even with the tape across the label.  And the designs that were coming together were ahhhhmazing!


Tim Gunn was happily mentoring the designers as they sifted through the mountains of Hallmark cards amongst the Aleene's Tacky Glue bottles scattered all around the work room.  I would give up my pinky toe to do just one unconventional materials challenge on Project Runway!


Edmund's wedding dress won, with the Hallmark signature cutouts forming the bodice and tons of shopping bags billowing in petal shapes for the skirt.  Love, love, LOVE!


Which one would you pick to win???










No comments: